Tuesday, April 12, 2011

yesterday

What you said hurt me

I responded in anger

You meant to say you were sorry

You didn’t

I meant to forgive you

I didn’t.



What you did was so very wrong

I responded with harsh judgment

You meant to make amends

You didn’t

I meant to be more understanding

I wasn’t.



You meant to call or write

I waited hoping to hear from you

You got busy with life

You forgot

I meant to try again; to call or write

I didn’t.



Tomorrows…



You said, “I might try to change and do better.”

I said, “I won’t budge until I see your sorrow.”

You said, “There is always tomorrow.”

I said, “I will forgive on your tomorrow.

Our tomorrow never came

One of us died.



Today…



There is today.

Don’t hold on to yesterday.

Don’t count on tomorrow.

It may not come

You have today

Don’t let love and hope slip away.


from iluvislam 


No comments: